Question

jackpotstacy

missed three payments how can i get my credit back
my payments were supposed to come out of my bank.i was gone for three months came back to a letter saying delinquent payments .now I see on my credit report three missed payments.never thought to check if the payments were coming out.how can I repair this issue with my credit.very important.

Most Helpful Response

First thing I would do is contact the comany and see how you can remedy the situation with them. Call, ask for a supervisor, explain the situation and see if they will send a letter to the credit bureaus to take the late payments off of your account. This happened to me with Citi (60 days deliquent) and the lady I spoke to sent out a letter and it was taken off of my credit report within 2 months. 

Credit card companies may be evil, but they are smart in the fact that they want to keep you as a customer. 

The fact remains

You missed those payments.  It is now part of your "Credit History".  The best you can do is to make sure you don't miss any more.  

You can send a letter of explaination and have it attached to your credit file. It won't remove them but it would give you a chance to explain what happened and why.  The missed payments will bring your score down for a while. Your score should rise after a while and if you aren't planning to take out any new loans in the near future it should make much difference, Lenders look at you activity for the last 18 to 24 months as their strongest indicator of reliability.  

Good Luck