Question

M122089

Missed Student Loan Payments
I have never missed and was never late on any payments on any of my own credit cards. I co-signed for my son's student loans and he had missed three payments on separate occasions. How badly does this affect my credit? How do I fix my credit score?

It's likely that these missed payments will ding your credit score. Co-signing a loan makes you equally responsible for the payments. The missed payments will impact your score just like you were the primary borrower. They will stay on your credit report for seven years. Learn more here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/cosigning-a-loan