Question

Brettthevette

Missed doctor bill for one month killed my credit?
My insurance paid bill but I didn't realize there was a balance they didn't pay . In mean time miscommunication with doctor office . They sent $25 bill to collection agency n when they got it I paid in full one month later. Now my credit took slam because it showing up as collection charge off. What can I do to fix this or how long will this effect me?

You can beg the doctor's office to have the account removed from your report.  You can write letters to all three bureaus and tell them it went to collections in error.  No guarantees it will work, but since this is paid it will be less damaging to your scores than being unpaid.  Best of luck!