Question

Allenkpa

Minimum score required for Costco Visa
Anyone know the minimum credit score needed for the new Costco Visa? I'd like to apply but not until I know my score is high enough and I can't find a minimum score needed anywhere.

Most Helpful Response

In general you need a score around 600

or better to quailify for most cards.  the biggest difference will be that the higher your score, the higher the credit limit and the lower the interest rate will be.

I suggest that your best bet is to not apply unless your score is over 640 for any card.

good luck

Allenkpa

Well my current score is around 700 but  when I applied for a USAA credit card a couple months ago it was denied so that's why I was a little wary.  But I think for some reason it automatically applied me for a joint credit card with my wife even though I didn't specify that.  I always assumed our reports would be the same (been married 25 years) but I pulled hers last month and she was around 585.  

Either way I think I'll wait a month or two then apply.  My credit utilization is pretty high right now but I'm going to pay it down in about 2 weeks then I'll just give the credit reports a chance to catch up.  Not sure how often the credit card companies report so I thought I'd wait 2 months just to be safe.