Question

oscar310088

military unauthorized auto hard inquiries
My brother went to a car dealership with a co-worker in hopes of finding an affordable car at a decent price. He told them he's only looking for now, until he gets a third opinion for the prices. He then left not finding anything he wanted. What my brother didn't know what that his co-worker took him to a dealership that he does business with and set him up. While my brother didn't sign any papers or Give them information his co-worker provided the dealership his LES which gives them all his information. When my brother got home he checked his credit, having felt uneasy and came to realize he was hit with multiple hard inquiries which dropped his credit. my brother and myself are still young, learning and just need help finding a solution to what he can do. I did some research and found the dealership is known for taking advantage of new soldiers. Is there anything we can do?

If he buys a car within a week to a month, most scoring systems look at all the hard pulls and consider them only one.  This is to allow a person to shop for good credit rates.  Even if he did not, the hard pulls lose effect on credit score rather quickly so the damage will be minimal in time.  The bad thing is that your brothers "friend"  gave them the info so it is going to be hard to dispute with the agnecies, as they will just say he gave them the info. Reporting to the BBB would be a place to start to help them from doing this in the future. It maybe worth the time and effort to dispute with the credit reporting agencies.  If you search here or on each ones websites you can find the forms to dispute it and see what happens, the worse case is spent time without result as it is free to dispute I believe.