Question

xLadyDragonflyx

Medium Impact vs High Impact
On all of my high impact credit factors I have an excellent or good rating. My ageing medium impact factor is a poor. How many points does this drop your credit score? I have two open student loans from 13 + years ago helping my ageing history average to 4 years but was looking to pay off these accounts which would bring my ageing average to 2. So I was wondering if I should just wait to pay off these accounts to keep my ageing history.

I wouldn 't be worrying so much about the ageing factor, but how much interest is still accruing on those student loans.  Getting those paid off as soon as possible is very important.  The age factor of accounts in my case is poor but the remainder of the factors are very good to excellent.  The age of accounts will take care of itself in due time (pun intended). 

Closed accounts in good standing still count towards your average age of accounts, so I would pay them off. 

While "closed accounts" are not factored into the "age" on some non-fico scoring systems like this one, "closed" accounts are factored in with FICO scoring and FICO scores are the important ones as most lenders use a version of them. That said, I would get these loans paid off if you are in the position to.