Question

Aj3300

Medical Collections from 2013 im 22 years old
Hello , So im 22 years old , i have a medical bill in collections from when i was 19. Im a type 1 Diabetic went to the ER because i ran out of Insulin and i was having problems with my Medi-Cal. So they charged me the ER bill which was around
$ 567 i beleive. I didnt know about the bill until i purchased a car last year. I then contacted the collections agency that my bill was sent to and paid around 200 of it. I now owe $367... I read on a thread here that i can get it removed without paying anything by Using trans unions online investigation . But it asks me to check boxes regarding ownership and accurracy . Have any of you been in a similar situation? What should i check? What should i do? Im trying to get this off my credit, and want to build my credit fast

If you haven't paid the full amount of your collection it's not going to help. You can try contacting the collections agency and see if they will do a "Pay to remove" but if they dont it will still be on your credit report for 7 years.