Question

collectionhelp

medical bills going into collections
Should I take out a loan to pay off the medical bills from a Hospital that I was making payments to, but was sent to a collection agency because i missed 1payment and now have 30days to pay in full. I don't want it too show up on credit report. I don't want it to hurt my credit but then It will show a $5000 personal loan w/interest instead of a medical bill? Can I contact original creditor (aka. Hospital) and see if there's anything that can be done.

Most Helpful Response

It's probably going to show up on your credit report one way or another unless you make a deal with the hospital/collector to delete the accounts when they are paid off.  Get that in writing.  It should never have gone to collections for one missed payment, that is insane.  I would fight this with the hospital and collection agency, ask them for copy of your complete payment history and be prepared to prove to them you only missed one payment.  Don't get a loan yet, try to get this fixed first.  Be persistent and keep asking to speak to supervisors, get any promises in writing before you pay them off.  Best of luck!