Question

Mylani

Medical bill question
In 2011, a car drove into my business and caused hearing trauma. A big law firm signed my case, sent me to their doctors and soon after, when they figured they couldn't get enough of a settlement, dropped my case. I got one call at that time but told them, the bill would be paid by the attys which I thought was true since they made found the doctors and made the appt. I never heard about it again. Fast forward 5 years and 2 months later, I got a bill. Never one statement or a word before then. I understand the statute of limitations here is 6 years. They're threatening my credit. I have called but they haven't returned my call. I would have thought the attys should have paid for it. Any ideas?

Do you still have copy of the signed agreement from the said law firm? What they "told" you over the phone won't do you any good. Collection agency won't care how it was handled, all they cared about is getting paid, if you have writing agreements handy and it stated the law firm will cover any and all medical bills or similar languages? then you "might" able to force law firm to pay it now and possibly take care the subsequent actions taking by the original creditors (removing the collection from your report). 

-

Statue Of Limitations are refer to the length of time creditors/collection agencies can take legal action against you. Collection accounts are reportable/included on your credit reports for 7 1/2 years from the Date Of First Delinquency.