Question

3holly

Med. Bills I shouldn't have
I have medical bills that shouldn't be on there like I say like 80% on my credit report is Med bills. But I get medical assistance and even err on with my work insurance through work my state is suppose to cover the rest because I don't make enough. So now my question if I get this off of here all of them. Will my score go up? I never noticed the ridiculous amount till I and my husband started talking about buying a house. What do I do where do I start please help

Most Helpful Response

When you have unpaid medical bills, these routinely are a result of the document you signed when you received treatment that you would be financially responsible for what the insurance does not pay.   You should contact them creditor and get a financial print out of what was charged and what was paid.   This way, you can determine if they in fact billed your insurance company.   If possible, have them resubmit to whoever they did not pay.   With the work insurance, there was a deductable and a percent that the insurance paid.   Depending on the treatment, perhaps some were not covered.   Even with the state insurance, they have set limits on what they will pay.   Many medical firms accept this as the full payment, however, they are not required to do so and this could possibly be how you ended up with amounts owed.   Once the amounts are paid off, it can increase your credit score, however, the item will remain on your report and the mortgage broker will inquire about these.   They may even ask about why they went to collections.   They will want them reflected as paid or you won't see a mortgage approval.

3holly

So even if they get payed they won't come off my report at all? And I know the state insurance covers then because it was all from my pregnancys. And it's all mommy and baby's state insurance for that purpose. I never really payed much mind to my credit score or how it worked till the past few months. Now I'm just confused and trying to understand it. Iv disputed a few but havent heard anything back. Should I just call who the collections are through? And see what my next step is? And if there closed collections do I even have a fighting ch a nice to get them off there?