Question

sgrafins

May not want to use Vantage Score 3.0 as an accurate gauge
Think you need to reconsider using Vantage Score 3.0 to display credit scores. I was thinking that it was an accurate reflection of my credit score. Over the last year or so, been taking care of business with my credit. Looked into applying for a Personal loan through Lending Club. My score on CK (under the TransUnion logo) showed up as 703 (GOOD). Thinking, cool. Applied for the loan, was approved, got my funding and documents, and my TransUnion score that they used to grant credit was 673 (FAIR). Looked under the Vantage Score Archive, and sure enough, It showed both scores as stated above. Vantage Score is misleading, at best.

Some should tell Creditors

I hear you guys, I really do. I've been all over the credit planet trying to find as much info as possible to fix my credit.
But maybe someone needs to tell the Creditors that Vantagescore is legit?

Because they don't seem to think so.

I've had my credit pulled from Barclays (TU) on a last inquiry, and even then they gave me my Experian score (589).

I honestly would not have attempted to open a CC with a score that low, but I didn't think they would look past my TU (According to Vantagescore I have a 667TU). I know my Experian was low, but figured Barclays pulls from TransUnion so I had a good chance.

Apprantly they DO pull from TU but my 589Experian overrode that.

It didn't hurt more than my feelings and a 2pt VS drop, but I'm guessing that doesn't matter since VS doesn't seem to be legit in the eyes of real Creditors.

Someone should tell the Creditors

Because they don't seem to think so.

The credit score shown here is for use with the interactive financial tools, as part of your credit education.  It is not reported to anyone else. 

icuhowie

Vantage Scores are used out in the wild.

Vantage Scores are not just for education. 

You think you were mis-lead, but I would so no you were not.   People need to be better educated on Number of DIFFERENT Credit Scores they have.

There is NO ONE OH MIGHTY Credit Score,   THERE are LOTS of DIFFERENT Credit SCORES and you can not compare them to one another UNLESS you know what Score Model they are, and version of Model. 

I was amazed to find out today that Capital One still uses the VantageScore 2.0 ( or 1 , but I know it's not 3.0 ) from Experian for folks that apply for Kohls Credit Cards. 

I was bugging CK to goto the Vantage Score 3.0 for over a year before they did make the move. 

icuhowie is right. vantage 3.0 is a REAL credit score. it's a model that is gaining in populatity and is used in credit decisions by banks. however, cap one uses many different models... for some of their credit cards they use FICO 8 and 4. for their free creditwise score monitoring, they use the vantage 3.0.