Question

Raybreeezy

Maxing Credit Cards But Paying In Full
My credit limit is $2,000

Every month I maximize my utilization rate to 90-97% but the day I receive my credit card bill I immediately pay it off in full. Do you think this will hurt my credit score, or help it?

Most Helpful Response

There are two separate factors involved here.

1) Credit card utilization: The benchmark is don't exceed 20% utilization on your total credit limit, otherwise it could hurt you score. You are far above this. If you've been paying your monthly statement on time, try increasing your credit limit. I had Chase bank increase my Freedom card limit from $2,500 to $5,000 with just a soft credit pull so it didn't affect my credit. Make sure you ask what the maximum amount they can increase is WITHOUT doing a hard credit pull.

2) Paying credit card bills on time: Keep this up :)