Question

rubiejayne

married for a year. name changed a year ago, not with credit bureaus?
I would think by now the bureaus would have my name correct. I don't have any credit, but i did change my name on our joint bank account, my only bank account. My husband recently put me on his credit card about a week ago that it might report his history for me. but i am afraid that the name change issue might keep this from reporting correctly. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

When you were added to your husbands credit card, it would depend on if they asked for your social security number or not.   If they did not, then the credit bureau may have a problem making the reference.  Also, it could take 30-45 days for this to update depending on when it was report.  If the credit bureau has your name and currnet address on file, they may be able to reference you and your credit report will show your two names.   If you had nothing on they, they may not be able to reference you.   You can send a letter to the credit bureau, provide proof of your prior name along with a copy of the marriage license and proof of address and they may update the records so that it can update properly moving forward.

If you do not have any credit cards of your own, you will not be showing any credit score.  Bank accounts do not count.  Credit Karma is here to teach people how credit works and how to build a good credit score and I advise you to read the articles on this site so you can get this very valuable credit education you need now and will use for the rest of your life.  I am sure glad I did.