Question

CNM33

Managing my credit card debt- CC balance transfer vs Personal Loan
I am in need of advice or a point in the right direction with considering if I should do a balance transfer with my credit card debt (to consolidate and have one monthly payment) or if I should take out a personal loan and just have the one loan payment. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have about 6 credit cards with balances totaling to about $5,700.

Most Helpful Response

If you can get a consolidation via a credit card that charges 0% interest for at least 12 months, that's the one to go for!  A personal loan charges interest at the outset, so you wouldn't save as much money as you would if you had the credit card consolidation/balance transfer.  And, if you pay at least what you are currently paying on all 6 cards, you should be abe to get them all paid in full within the year.