Question

RMRivera

Major credit card or personal loan first?
I need a major credit card because most transactions require one. I also need to make a personal loan for home improvements. Question is, will applying or getting a major credit card affect my eligibility for a personal loan?

Most Helpful Response

Redardless of which credit you apply for first, it will affect the second.

Common sense says you should apply for the home improvement loan first sinc eyou can always get a prepaid card/secured card for purchases. Consider hwoever askign fro both from the mank who hodls your morgage if you have any and your local credit union (after becoming a member)....

RMRivera

The reason I need the major credit card is because I have to have one for car rentals, hotel reservations, etc. hence pre-paid card will not help unless I have at least $1000 stashed in there.  I will try to getting both with the same bank, thanks!