Question

Ryandsmith

Major bump in score, just approved last month fro new card, how soon to apply for better card?
Major bump in score, how soon to apply for a new card after getting approved for one recently? Good Evening,

I recently had a score of about 665 due to a mark on my report that was successfully disputed and deleted when it turned out to be the incorrect amount by several thousands and was successfully settled for the correct amount. At the end of March/beginning of April, I applied for the Capital One Quicksilver One card and got instantly approved for $2,000 CL, with the a score of 673.

It has been about three weeks since I got and started using the card and my score will be 731 at the beginning of next month as I am paying off all my cards and will have about 10% credit utilization.

I currently have eleven inquiries on my report, yes eleven, due to a refinance of my car after the removal of the delinquency, while Rate Genius and Lending Tree really did a number by adding seven hits to my report they got me a refinance at 2.99% from 13.86%, thus it was truly worth it.

I love to travel and will be going to the UK for about two weeks in July thus foreign transaction fees are major to me thus I will be looking at the Capital One Venture or Venture One card.

- With the major bump in my score at the beginning of May is it too soon to apply for a new card?
- If I apply, should I close my Quicksilver One card if I get approved or should I leave it open until the end of the year? (Please note it has a $39 annual fee).

Applying shouldn't hurt, as my score stays the same with one inquiry added, but just seeking multiple inputs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You.

first as long as you spend $2600 a year on the quicksilver one card the annual fee is voided in the sense you get the amount back in the form of cash rewards....normally you should apply for mulitple cards at one time ie. within minutes of each other.....and after that is done don't apply for atleast 6 months unless you have more then 6 inquires which you do so wait for some to drop off and use the Quicksilver One card overseas given it has no foreign fees