Question

anne0nymiss

Maintaining an unused, good credit score?
I have a good credit score, but only have one LoC of $1000. I pay its minimum regularly, but I don't have any other credit. I also don't have any debt, which I guess is my problem.

I'm currently unemployed, which should have me reevaluate my assessment of my last noted problem to make it plural.

We're planning on moving soon and concerned about credit history. We've got good rental history, though.

Is there a way for me to protect my score while improving its 'engine?'

To keep your credit score high, pay down your existing LoC, don't have any late payments.  To improve your score, you should get a credit card (secured if not a regular one) to build up your credit.  Your score will take a dip at first, but will climb as you make payments on your new card.  Visit www.creditcards.org to find right card for you (don't pay attention to the "recommendations" from this website, those are just ads).  Best of luck!

While you are unemployed

your are better off just making the largest payments you can on the Card you have. If your planning on moving I wouldn't do anything to change your report now, except for paying down what ever debt you have. once you have a new job, then i would start improving your file by opening new accounts.