Question

Samcarrlpn

Lots of medical in collections best way to pay it off to boost score.
I have a lot of debt in collections and 95% of them are medical. I have heard that sometimes paying them off all in full can actually hurt your credit score. I have also heard just pay them all off and it will boost it. Unfortunately with all the information out there it is really confusing. So how do I figure out who to pay, who to pay first, and if I should just make payments or pay in full.

Thank you

Always pay off any bills

doesn't matter what you are trying to do, Any account in collections needs to be dealt with.  Your score won't matter if a lender sees a collection on your report you probably aren't going to qualify for any new credit.

Get the bills paid off or off your report then worry about building new credit.

Carring debt on open current accounts is not a bad thing, It can improve your score, Good debt is current Auto Loan, Current Mortgage and Current Revolving credit (credit card) These balance along with on-time payments can help your score. 

But old medical bills are not the kind of debt that will help your score.

Good Luck

'