Question

Daily1994

Looking to get another credit card to help build credit
I want to get another credit card to help build my credit score, since I only have the one that I do not use to often and was wondering if there is a certain credit card that I should be trying to get. I am trying not to get too many hard inquires on my file. I use Amazon a lot and know they have a credit card, but was unsure of how hard it is to get. My credit line is fairly new and didn't know how much that would affect it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Different scoring systems will react differently upon opening a second card, you may see a decrease on here, but with some FICO models you may see an increase, but it will result in a Hard Inquiry and lowering the "average of accounts" which will have negative effects with all systems. Keep in mind that short-term damage is necessary to build good credit. I do not know what cards would be good for you, I suggest spending some time researching to find a card that you would have a good chance of getting approved for. Read reviews, check preapprovals at credit card company websites, check cards for thin credit, etc.

Daily1994

Thank you so much for the response!