Question

cfancher

Loans questions
If my score was up say 40 points, then went down 7 points in a week of checking it, is that because of the loan i have setup? Say i have a 6 month loan, does every month that i get the loan my score will go down and then when i pay the monthly charge my score goes back up?

Your credit score would fall when you initially got the loan (due to the hard inquiry), but your score would rebound slowly when you pay on it each month. Also, your credit score wont drop if you were to check it weekly on credit monitoring sites such as Credit Karma.

cfancher

Thank you, I am just trying to figure out why I lost 7 points when for the last 3 months my credit has been approving, especially when I have not applied or had anyone but me check my credit, any ideas??

Linda

Beccause Credit Karma is a month behind on what they are showing you.