Question

voodoo1226

Loan Provider Does NOT Report to All 3 Credit Bureaus
I have a car loan with Toyota Financial Services for about 3 years before I went to my Credit Union and refinanced to pay off. Then I took a loan with this same Credit Union and purchased a new car. The other car was traded in.

I applied for a couple of credit cards and was denied because "Lack of Recent Installment Loan Information."

I checked with my Credit Union (Eagle Community CU) and they said they only report to Experian. I don't know who Toyota Financial Services reports to, but I am thinking it must be the same, to Experian.

One of the credit card providers obtained my credit info from Equifax. The other from TransUnion. Thus both said I 'lack installment loan...", which is not true since I have been paying on time, every time, my car loan for the last 5+ years.

I tried asking my CU to report to the other 2 agencies but they said they won't.

So how can this be 'fixed'? Oh and please don't tell me to just look for credit card providers that get information from Experian only.

Thanks.

If they don't report to Equifax and Transunion there is no way to "fix it."

I'm sorry, but you already know what you are going to have to do, "just look for credit card providers that get information from Experian only." (BofA pulls Experian.) Good Luck!