Question

bobrebn3

Loan denied due to too many student loan entries
Recently applied for a personal loan with a lending company (one main i believe) and was turned down. The stated reason was that my report showed too many student loans. Credit picture is: good standing on credit card accounts, car loans, etc...score improving from past meltdown due to wife having cancer twice. All student loans are Sallie Mae/Direct federal and stretch over a period of 8 years in college...so, well over 20 entries. I was told to consolidate and it would help my score to have one entry. None are in default or have late payments. Advice would be appreciated. Credit score not yet high enough to get loan from banks (614) but score is up over 60 points in last year..but it seems stuck at this score for past few months. What do ya think?

If I were you, I'd call Crest Student Loan Consolidation.  They can take they mystery out of it for you.  No cost to check it out.  Call 469-619-0644.    Take you about 10 minutes to discuss with them.  Can't hurt!!