Question

phonejunkie25

Likelihood of getting a CLI from American Express with newly activated card
I have recently started actively pursuing credit increases from my existing credit cards and have reached out to all the other cards I currently have active.
Currently active are Chase Sapphire, $6000 CL, Bank of America, $5000 CL, Capital One Quicksilver $2500 CL, Citi Preferred, $2000 CL, and a Jeep Mastercard, $1100 CL. I have been approved for the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred, $1000 CL. My current scores are TU 680 and EXP 673 before the pull for the AmEx was submitted. I was wondering what the best way would be to go about getting a CLI from American Express since I am not too familiar with their methods and what they look for most of all when doing a credit line increase. Having had the other cards before the AmEx for a longer period, would it be feasible to do an increase on the AmEx from the start or should I wait a while and then try requesting it? Also having not experienced anything with American Express' customer service and credit, I am not too sure what the best course would be next.

Most Helpful Response

Up until maybe month ago? You have to wait 61 days before you can ask for CLI with AmEx, now you can request CLI anytime after you activated your BCP. You can request up to 3 times your starting limit, which would be 3k. Of course approval isn't guaranteed, they might counter with less amount or outright denial, if you got denied? you have to wait 91 days before you can request again. And it is a soft inquiry with AmEx, so is the Cap1.