Question

MVLfilm

Legal Item listed Under Public Records
I have 1 public record showing on my credit report, however, it is simply listed as "Legal Item", with a status of Filed, and a reference number. No other information is listed. After doing several public records searches in the 2 states I have lived in, I came up empty handed.

The reference number starts 2009, so I am assuming its something from that year, so I am very close to the 7 year limit this can stay on my report. How can I get it removed now, without worrying about possibly reopening a case I did not know about? Or should I wait a little longer to see if it drops off on its own?

Thanks

Curious

Curious to see what happened with your case... I'm in the same situation, not sure what it is and i don't really want to reopen it and start the 7 years all over.

It is your call on what to do, you can wait and see if it disappears on its own or contact the credit bureaus to get more info on the listing and ask them if it is eligible to be removed from your credit reports. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with contact info.

Val4688

Any luck with this? I'm in the same situation...