Question

mish1990

Leasing Company - Collections
So I rented a house with three other people. We moved out 2 months ago. I just received a letter over saying we owed over $2,500 for carpet and painting. I was not the only one who lived there and they say that it will affect my credit if it is not paid in full. No one else is willing to pay their portion of this bs bill. How much will it affect my credit if it left unpaid.?

Contact the landloard.

If i were you, I would write a letter to the landloard and offer to pay your share of the amount due.  Tell him that you are willing to pay your share if he doesn't pursue you for the ballance. Provide the names and addresses for the other 3 in your letter. Ask him to agree to it in writting before sending the money, so he can't comeback at you latter.

He is right, If he reports it, it will stay on your credit report for at least 7 years. + he could add interest as well. It's better to pay up now rather than later...

mish1990

I have done this and due to all my mail being re routede to my new address i did not get it until a day before the 14 day pay off allowance date. I called them and asked what you suggested as soon as i received the letter but the company said they could not work with me. Whats the worst thing they can do to you if you do not pay?