Question

SignalGM

Leasing a new GM vehicle with short credit history
So I am 20, active duty Army, with a stable income and a credit score of 715. I recently applied for a lease a new truck from GM but was denied because I have a short credit history (first line of credit was a car loan last July). I knew it would be difficult to get the lease with my history so I even put 2000 down more than the minimum but was still denied. Right now now I'm working on trying to save up about 7-8 grand and paying for the lease again later this year with a very large down payment, but still a short credit history. Can I get approved if I put enough fown, maybe even pay the whole lease upfront, with my history still being short?

Why are you leasing? You have to be very careful to watch your mileage, otherwise you'll be hit with exorbitant fees.  Your interest rate fees are higher too. Anytime you pay interest, it's wasted money. I would like to suggest you purchase a vehicle, with money you've saved. Read the articles here and other sites to educate yourself further. Your credit score of 715  is an average score. You'll be paying a much higher interest rate than someone with an excellent score starting at 750.