Question

sxcdennis

Leased car pay with credit card with third party(with fee) or bank account to raise credit?
So i recently leased a car and the company doesn't accept credit cards as payments. they told me that i would have to use a third party. so i looked it up and they all charge about $7.99 a transaction. Now my question: Is it worth it to pay the extra to raise my credit or no?

depends on what your current Credit Score is and what bad information you have on your Credit Report.

I for one would never make a card payment with a Credit Card that would cost me more ( fees ).  I like my money too much.

Make your car payments from your Bank account,  it won't help your credit score having a bank account.

You need to put a Plan together to raise your Credit Score.   Plan on it taking 2 to 3 years ( depending if you have any bad information or not on your credit report )   I did not have any bad information and just lacked history and credit and in 2.5 years went from a 640's to 780's here at CreditKarma.   There is a timeline of what took place over the past 3 years on my profile.

Your Credit History takes time, so does your Credit Score.

Good Luck.

sxcdennis

Thanks for the reply, although my credit score is already at 750-780 (trying to be in the 800s). I'm just wondering because you would always hear that leasing a car would help credit building, but weird part about it is that they don't let you use a credit card. Also, what I've been told was it does infact help your credit score by paying bills with your bank account, just not as much as with a credit card.