Question

Melibar6

Late Payments while Collecting Payments from Trustee
I completed a Ch 13 Bankruptcy in September 2014. I have noticed that my creditors that were part of my plan were marking me late while collecting payments from the Trustee. Some of these accounts are also reporting as a Charge Off and Collection rather than in BK. Is this something that I can fight? I feel as though they should only be able to report BK and not ding me for everything at one time.

Been there.

Usually, by the time one decides to file any form of bankruptcy, there are late or incomplete payments already on the reports and those are going to remain for 7 years.  The Chapter 13 is usually on the credit report for 7 years, also, as a matter of Public Record. Also, under a Chapter 13, the interest paid is less than that originally agreed upon when you opened the account.  BK trustees have numerous cases to handle so the payments are usually assigned a particular date by the trustee office to be sent to the creditors of all clients even though this might be considered late by the creditor.  It is just one of the things one must accept when filing bankruptcy.  I did that years ago.