Question

oktoberfest2015

Late payments fall off after two years? Still showing up...
If it has been several months past the two year mark why does the account still show the late payment? Do I need to wait or is this something I dispute? Thanks!

Late payments may be reported for 7 years, then they will fall off.  It is inquiries that fall off after 2 years. And you can only dispute wrong information such as wrong name, address or accounts that you did not initiate.

As said, they remain for seven years. I recommend that you do some reading about credit, it will be helpful and it will help you for the rest of your life. Do some research on how to write a "goodwill letter" to the creditor of this account to ask for a goodwill deletion of the late payments.

oktoberfest2015

My understanding is that all information stays for 7 years but 30 day late payments should no longer count against your credit score after 2 years. Perhaps I have misunderstood each article that goes over this but I thought this would change annotations to my report of being late x amout of times to how many times it was late in a two year period.