Question

lovingmymom

late payment to old to remove but hasn't been 7 years
I Paying my creditors late for 2 months due to my mom being diagnosed with having cancer and had to have surgery over 2 years ago. I wasn't even thinking about my creditor or how they would report it. when i pulled my credit report 2 years later i noticed the derogatory marks. I contacted them they said they would remove them if they could due to the circumstances, but since it has been 2 years there's nothing they can do about it.

As the late payments age they will lose their punch. Maybe try writing a couple of "goodwill letters" to the lender asking again for forgiveness and removal of the lates. Since they are a couple of years old they are not causing the damage they did when they were new. There will be other things that you can do to improve your credit even with the lates on your reports. Start reading all that you can find on credit and come back and ask questions as needed.