Question

teribo

Late payment on my credit report
I recently had a late payment. This is the first one ever. It was an oversight and as soon as I realized it I took care of the whole balance. It changed my rating from excellent to good. How long will this show up and what can I do to counteract it?

Most Helpful Response

You could try calling

You could try calling the company and asking for a goodwill deletion of the late payment.  They don't have to do it, but they might if you have made all other payments on time and have a good history with them and the single late payment was not late by more than 30 days.  If they won't, then you will have to wait for the late to age on your report.  The more time that goes by the less affect it will have on your score, like jrhenry said.  If you aren't looking to refinance or make any big financed purchases I wouldn't worry too much about it, it is what it is and if your score before the late was excellent it will be again in a year or two. 

NO LATE PAYMENTS TO MY KNOWLEDGE

WAS BEING TREATED FOR CANCER OUT OUT OF STATE. CALLED COMPANY WHEN I RETURNED. LATE FEE WAS DROPPED.

nothing except wait it out unfortunately even that one slip up is going to cost you best thing you can do is not let it happen again and just wait it out for 2 years....gotta love the system