Question

Nightfyre776

Late child support payments due to employer
Hello folks,

Hopefully a quick and easy question regarding my child support. I work for a small trucking outfit and up until earlier this year all payroll duties were handled by the owner. We have since gotten a payroll company thank God. I had it set up for my monthly support payments to be automatically pulled from my checks (half each check). My payments were being withdrawn accurately and on time. However, my boss would consistently forget to mail in the checks, even with me reminding him when I started started getting letters and calls from the child support service. I was wondering if I would be able to dispute the late/delinquent payments since it was no fault of my own? My payments are now current with no back support owed. Thanks for your time.

Write and see if you can not be held liable for the late payments since you are not the once in charge of sending them out. If so, get a letter stating as such and send copies to the reporting agencies to add to your file. That may help.

This is how I see it. 

The Child Support Payment is between you and Child Support Services or your Ex.   

Having your work step inbetween to send the payments on your behalf does not remove you as the responsible part. 

DO Try and have the Late payments removed.   Even if you can get Letters from your work stating they were at fault. 

If it were me,  I would be making the payments myself so if something goes then I can only blame myself. 

Good Luck.