Question

tsfree

Late charges for an item that was returned on time
Placed an order from Target. Kept one item and returned the other. Used THEIR printed return label. Paid for the item I kept, but not the one I returned. They started charging late fees. I have been fighting with them for over 8 months and they refuse to take the late charges off, and they continue to add more each month. I returned it 2 days after I received it, and make my payment for the other item in a timely manner. Help please? My credit was excellent before they started screwing me over.

Most Helpful Response

Go to www.ftc.gov and www.consumerfinance.gov and file complaints against Target.  They do get action.

Thank you so much!  I have actually filed a complaint with them against a bank that was withholding an interest check for over a year.  It worked, and they sent it after being contacted by the ftc!  Don't know why I didn't think of that this time, but I really appreciated you helping me out!

Addison170,

Thanks again for suggesting I file a complaint with CSFP!  Target changed their attitude!  Their response to my complaint below:

Status

Company responded 

Target said:
Explanation of closure

We're sorry for the service the consumer received over the phone. We know our guests count on receiving friendly, helpful service from us and regret this was not the case. We'll keep the consumer's comments in mind as we work to ensure we're always providing the kind of service she expects from Target(R).
We also regret the consumer's frustration with her Target.com order. Our records indicate that the consumer had a minimum payment of $25.00 due by March 6, 2014. Because the credit of $30.20 from her return did not post to her account until March 11 , 2014, the account was assessed a fate fee and interest charge when we only received a payment of $5.02 on February 18th.
We've credited the fees associated with this issue. The consumer will see credits totaling $172.95 on her next billing statement. These credits will bring the account balance to zero. We've also updated the account to remove any record of late payment during this time period. The consumer should allow the national credit bureaus up to 60 days to update their records accordingly.

Relief

The consumer's account has been credited for the fees associated with her issue.

$ 172.95