Question

Dukisita

Late Car Loan Payment
Normally my credit score was 800+. I used my bank's online billpay automatic repeating payments to pay off a car loan, but when I switched banks I failed to enter the last payment so it was late and I paid the penalty. Now my score is 772 with no derogatory remarks except for 1 late payment. Is there any way to get that removed so my score returns to 800+?

Most Helpful Response

It will fade over time

You can contact the creditor and ask them to remove the derogitory remark.  If they don't want to it will stay on your report for 7 years. But with a score that high, It will fade over time and your score will rebound in a couple of months.  Unless your trying for a new line of credit right away it may not be worth trying to fight the derog on your report. 

Good Luck