Question

Submom768

Last month. Am ex unexpectedly lowered my credit limit by 75%. This account has never been even late

Most Helpful Response

What expenses have you been charging? As mentioned above, many companies are lowering limits if the card is inactive.  What is your debt to income ratio? Have you charged more than 10% of your card limit?  Amex has been known to lower limits if they see lots of expenses at casinos/casino hotels.

was it being used?

If its inactive for a long period of time, they may cut the limit...or even close the account. 

I am very sorry to hear that. That is not fair at all. I have been reading many stories of people having problems with AMEX in one way or another. In my opinion, I don't think they are as great as some people claim.

I forgot to say, if it were me in your shoes I would be writing reviews on AMEX everywhere that I could to share this experience with anyone considering opening an account with them. There is a review section on this site and places all over the internet to place reviews.

icuhowie

Whats not Fair,  they are trying to protect their bottom line.   They AMEX have the right to limit the Credit line on any account at any time   Read your acount information.

They lowered your Credit Limit from what to What?

What have you been charging on the Card?

How much of a Balance do you have on the Card?

They lowered it for some reason based on your usage and maybe something else on your credit report.  

maybe they see you as a risk,  have you been late on some other card or this one?

Lacking a lot of information on lots of things to know why they did what they did.