Question

ginalocks

Landlord and Tenant Complaint
My friend has a landlord and tenant complaint filed against him for unpaid back rent which will be settled due to the amount of it. Will this be on his credit report he wants to know if he decides to move.

Landlord

How do I check a perspective tenant's credit on this site? I have several applications from people who is interested in renting my home, but I need to check their credit first.

It's possible if this went to court. This would be considered a judgment against him. These things are cosidered public records which can last up to 10 years. However most court systems will remove it as soon as you pay the balance in full. Smh! Tell your friend to use more wisdom next time around before commiting to something that can have such a negative impact towards her financial future.