Question

pinupqueen85

Laid off, seperated months ago. New beginnings?
Last summer, I went through a horrible time. My spouse and I decided to separate, I was in my last semester of nursing school, and soon after, I was laid off from my job. I hit a deep depression. I struggled with my bills. I also was audited so receiving my normal tax refund was delayed. My truck was repossessed. Thankfully, I was able to work out an agreement with them and was allowed to keep my truck after a large payment and fees. My score pummeled from being in the 670s to 420s. I was devastated.

This past spring, I have worked hard to secure a new job that I love. And was even able to file my taxes and am expecting a refund soon. I would like to start repairing my credit cards.

I have a couple card that are still open. But they have high minimum payments as I have missed a few months. I have some that are closed and are in collections. I also plan to put some money into some car maintenance.

What is a good plan to start rebuilding credit?