Question

KLK57

Kevin Kramer, how do I correct wrong information?
Addresses are wrong

You can correct personal info

You can do it in writing or on the websites for the credit reporting agencies. 

I suggest doing it in writing.  Send a photo copy of your SSI card and your ID with the correct address, and a brief letter asking that the info be corrected/updated.  you can also ask that any incorrect info be removed at the same time.

Note that old addresses stay on your report and don't need to be removed. Also, sometimes info that isn't yours can get on your report. i.e. my sons address appeared on my report.  I believe it got there because he is a signer on one of my credit cards. 

In general it has no effect on your score.