Question

Harrysaves

Keeping small loan balance for credit score
After reading about dips in credit scores due to paying off loans, I have paid off MOST of a student loan and car loan while still keeping a small balance on both (roughly $100) . I'm hoping this will prevent my score from dipping. The interest is negligible, so this seems like a good strategy to keep these types of loans on my history for at least a while longer.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried a similar strategy and what the effect on their score was.

I paid off my cards and a hospital bill.  I do have a couple of things (monthly bills) that are charged on the cards, so it keeps them active and shows that I'm paying them off monthly.  It must take at least a month for it to show on CK as they're not showing yet.  My scores are already 775 and 795 so I'm hoping to get into the 800s by using less available credit.  I had been at 30-35% usage.