Question

Quadpod

Just starting to build credit, how can I overcome my short credit history?
I'm 25, and most of my life I've just used a debit card. A couple years ago, I had to take out a car loan, and cosigned with my father in order to get a low interest rate. This woke me up to the need to get a real credit score. Anyhow, I paid off the car loan in under two years, and I've opened up two credit cards. My credit report card gives me an F for length of credit and total accounts (3), and a D for credit inquiries (8, probably from when I applied for my credit cards). Besides just paying everything off on time and just waiting, is there a way I can actively improve my score? Should I open another credit card? Right now, my score is a 706.

Most Helpful Response

Sounds like you are doing everything right.   Find out when your hard inquires will come off your credit report,  when you get a few of them off go for another credit card or you might want to see if you can increase your credit limit on one of the cards you already have.

Credit History takes time just like a good credit score.