Question

Phenom1983

Just started paying off credit card. How can i raise my credit score faster?
I just recently started paying off my credit card debt through a collections agency. The only other unnecessary debt (meaning debt that can be paid off, not things like monthly bills) that I have is two vehicle loans which get paid on regularly and are taken directly out of my check. Is there anything I can do to get a decently quick boost to my credit score? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

Quick credit score boost

The quickest way I know to get a quick boost is to ask a close family member to sign you up as authorized user on their credit card (s). Don't ask them for a card just ask if they would allow you to use their good credit until you get your debt in order. Specify a time (6 months to a year). This will not have a negative affect on their credit! In thirty days you should see an immediate increase. Also educate yourself on how credit works. Education is power. I also recommend that you only use 1/3 of your credit card maxes and play your bills 7 days before the due date. If possible, pay your card balances off every month that way you'll be able to keep your credit to debt ratio/utilization score low as well as avoid paying interest to the credit card companies. I hope this helps.