Question

nmrdnk

Just refused barclays arrival mastercard
Hello everyone,
I was recommended to apply for a Barclays arrival Mastercard. I had a 703 Fico. I was advised that I apply in order to build my credit. I currently have two credit lines,a cap one that is 9 months old, and a kohls that is 3 months old, so I decided to apply. The following Monday, when I called to inquire I was informed that I was declined and that a reason for doing so was mailed out. My credit took a big ding(hard inquiry) now I'm at 666 (eek! nice number!) and will have to wait 45 to 60 days..or maybe even longer in order to reapply.

Thanks Karma! What now!?

The recommendation is via computer based solely on the information in your Transunion report that this site uses.  There are too many other factors in granting a loan (credit cards are, in fact, loans) that might show up on your other credit reports that contribute to denial of the card.

Do you make it a habit to annually check all 3 credit reports for accuracy?  If not, go to freeannualreport.com and get those reports.  Go over them carefully and file a dipute on each wrong item with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the item.

Hope this helps. 

Too much, too soon...

I believe the issue is due to the fact you are trying to 1) Apply for a lot of credit in a short period of time and 2) your credit history with cards, is in the months not years. I wouldn't apply to anything else until you have a 2year history of usage/making on time payments. Good luck.