Question

randyp947

Just paid off collection, but have thin file, should I wait to apply?
I got into major credit trouble several years ago. The only things on my credit report are a doctor bill in collections and a foreclosure that is set to come off in about five months. I just paid off the doctor bill and the foreclosure is being disputed with trans union already removing it from my file. I have been thinking of applying for a secured card because I already have a thin file and paying off the collection will make it thinner. Should I apply, wait until the collection reports and hope for a better score, or wait until the foreclosure is handled and start over? My scores now range between 567 and 590 and I haven't applied for credit in over 10 years.

I would recomend to get Secure card so it starts to show up on your report1 

High the secure card better chance of you getting unsecure card in yrs 

For example 

I had no credit  and some colection 

score was around 500  I paid off collection got Secure Card for 2K from BOA and increase it to 5K 

kept it for 1 yr and when i applied for another CC unsecure after 1 yr I got Capital One for 3K credit line and Bank Of America made my 5K secure card to unsecure and refunded my deposit back to me.  after 2 yr My credit score is over 780 with only 2 account on my report with only 2 yr of history 

maxshah912

P.S Sorry for lot of misspells and grammar error lol