Question

greenbean95

Just got first credit card and have a few questions!
I just got my first credit card, the credit builder card, through State Farm. I do not have a credit score at all. CK shows a hard inquiry of course from where State Farm ran credit check, but that's all I have against me. My credit limit is $500. I have paid on time for first bill (early), spent about $400. Second bill I have spent $480 and paid on time...Ive used the card to pay other bills that might not fall within my work pay period so nothing is overdue. I suppose my questions are does it count against me in anyway if I use that much on the card, even if I pay early in full balance? Or is that bad?
Also, what kind of payments help raise your score? to my understanding insurance and utilities do not. What about a furniture company?

Congratulations on your first card. Please use this site to read the articles, and questions and answers on this forum to educate yourself further.

Excellent that you've been paying your card in full every month. Paying interest is wasted money. You should ideally only utilize 10% of your limit at a time or $50, before paying it off. Certainly no more than 30% utilization or $150 at a time.