Question

evolvedance

Judgment Fell Off Last Year, Still Unpaid - Will it come back if I pay?
Hi all. I had a judgment from 2008 for about $3k fall off last year. It doesn't show up on any of my credit reports, but still exists in public records. Earlier, this year the collections agency/winner of the judgment sent me letters to try to collect the debt. They also filed a Memorandum of Costs, Credit, and Interest. I have enough money to pay it, but I'm REALLY worried that if I pay it, it will somehow show back up on my credit report as "satisfied" for another 7 years. Is that possible? Additionally, is it dumb to try negotiate a settlement?