Question

JudgementGuy

Judgement sold to collections
The company the filed the judgement against me re branded and my judgement was sold to collections. I have paid the collections agency and received my letter saying I paid. Who is responsible for filing the judgement as satisfied?

That is a good question - you may want to check with both the company that lodged the judgement, and the colletion agency. Even better, get them onto a 3-way call so that nobody can push off the responsibility. 
--

That said, if you have a letter, maybe you yourself can take that letter to the court clerk and have it filed? 

--

One other question: Why was it sold to collections? Normally they garnish wages first.