Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Taxes
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
Judgement from 2011 with the wrong address
I received a bill Friday for $194 judgement for unemployment insurance taxes back in 2007. With fees it comes to @ $396.00. I never got a bill or notification because they had sent it to the wrong address. I live in NC and it's never shown on my credit, probably because of the address. I would have paid it if I had known, or filed it as part of my bankruptcy in 03/2011. The judgement was filed after my bankruptcy but I didn't know of it's existence. What recourse do I have?

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.