Question

Posted in Banking

JimmyJam34

Joint checking account
My sister suggest that I should be on my dad's checking account to assist and oversee his spending. He's 91 and has bad credit; I have good credit. I don't want to jeopardize my credit. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks

Being on the checking account is not a problem and will not impact your score at all.

Havvkeye

Being on a JOINT checking account will affect your credit if they overdraw their account.  Being an authorized user on their account - I am not sure if it would affect you or not. 

Authorized users on credit cards have all the same credit hurts and helps as the main account holder.  I would do some research as I do not know the answer for sure on checking accounts.