Question

Maynard97

Joint account went to collections, was paid, original lender still says owed on credit report.
My ex and I had a loan with Wells Fargo. In the divorce decree it was stated it was his. He let it go to collections. He hired a lawyer and settled it. He sent me the paperwork from court, the copies of money orders that he paid it and the paper saying it's paid from the court. On my credit report Wells Fargo still shows I owe them money. I've contacted them and mailed in copies of the paperwork I have. Wells Fargo sent a letter saying that I still owe them, even though the paperwork from court states no one can come after either party for this debt. Wells Fargo stated they will not update it as paid. I sent the same copies to all 3 credit bureaus and got a letter back just stating they will not remove the whole account off my credit. That is in the court papers to have the whole item removed off my report as the court stated it was my exes sole debt. I'm not too concerned about it being there at this time. The concern and question I have is: How do I get Wells Fargo to show that this matter is taken care of? It's not an idle debt, he settled it. Thanks for any help you can give.

I'm surprised that the credit bureaus didn't remove it after you showed proof.... There must be some type of legal loop hole I don't quite understand yet.... Don't give up though. You can file a complaint with the BBB, also with the FTC. Maybe give these guys a call Credit Pros 1-877-235-0324. They can help! Good luck my friend!