I've read that paying off an old collection will hurt my score, is this true?
My husband and I are trying to purchase a home, and we are only 30 points on our credit score from getting the loan we want. We only owe 5 collections and were told to just pay them off. But I read that paying off an old collection will drop your score because any activity on a collection brings it up to current. Its called New History. I don't want to throw money into debt if its going to prolong our goals. This whole credit thing is very confusing.